image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A day in December

The Simple Woman's DaybookOutside my window...bright sunshine and 32°

I am thinking...that one day soon I need to start Christmas shopping

I am wondering...what God is going to do next?

I am thankful for...precious daughters who love me and love each other and love their dad and love our God

In the learning rooms...we’re counting down the school days until Christmas break (8!)

In the kitchen...are veggies for lunch since we’ll have junk for supper

I am wearing...my favorite gray sweats and an old gray AU sweatshirt

I am creating...my grocery shopping list

I am going...to look for a new invisible fence since the last one had problems

I am reading...Trusting God by Jerry Bridges

I am hoping...that things work like they’re supposed to

I am hearing...“The Sing-Off” I recorded last night on the DVR

Around the house...I’m letting Jenna do her math while we finish “The Sing-Off”

I am praying...and praying...and praying...

One of my favorite things...is watching people live out their gifts from God

A few plans for this week...watching JT’s drama play and Morgan coming home

A picture for thought...my turn with this most wanted little man on the dance floor at Amanda’s wedding on Sundaysweet Alexander-1

* * *

For more December days, visit
the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

11 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful picture! :) And how about "The Sing-Off?" Such amazing singing groups and I'm so excited that the boys from Oakwood, "Committed," did such a great job. It's going to be fun to watch over the next few weeks. :)

Lisa notes... said...

I remember Rachel mentioning this show to us last year but I never watched. I'm glad I'm watching now. I was blown away, especially by "our" boys.

Any picture Alexander is in is a beautiful picture. Even if I weren't a biased aunt I would think so. :-)

Melissa said...

How do you like Trusting God? I'm still working on the Holiness of God. I'm reading so many "heavy" books that I just can't read as quickly as I'd like.

Dianna said...

I love to read Daybook entries. One of these days I am actually going to get involved and do one myself! :-)

Love the picture of you and that sweet baby in your arms!

Lisa notes... said...

Melissa,
I just started Trusting God today, but so far, it’s wonderful, wonderful. It’s something I really need right now. My whole 2011 Spiritual Resolution is still coming together, and I see this as a piece of it. However, like you, I’m still working on Holiness of God too, so I really had no business starting Trusting God at the same time because, yes, they are both heavy. I just got eager and couldn’t wait. ;-)

Dianna,
I love doing the Daybooks because they really make you take inventory of where you are in THIS day. Jump in anytime! She keeps one Mister Linky up for the whole month. For whatever reason, I do mine the first Tuesday of the month, but it really makes no difference when you do it.

Grateful Grammy said...

Thank you, for your comments on my blog about making Barbie doll clothes. You have a beautiful blog and such a sweet spirit. Merry Christmas!

Lisa Spence said...

Love the pic! And I downloaded "Trusting God" for free after I saw your tweet; thanks!

alisonwonderland said...

Hooray for comfy clothes!

I can see why that little guy was the most wanted dance partner; what a cutie!

Thanks for stopping by my daybook!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, thank you for stopping by my place and leaving a comment, but mostly thank you for your prayers. This really is a hard time. This was my first time to visit your blog. I enjoyed looking around and will be back. Thanks again!

Jerralea said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I also love to watch people live out the gifts God gave them! He made us all so unique, and we all do things in different ways. It's a wonder to behold ...

Your nephew is definitely a cutie!

Barbara H. said...

I am glad I am not the only one behind on Christmas shopping. I have maybe 4 things. And I decided to sew something! Thankfully that recipient has a later Dec. birthday, so if I don't get it done for the one I can send it for the other.

I really enjoy The Sing-Off.

That's a cute little date you have there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails