image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Are you listening?

What I’m memorizing:
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
Proverbs 4:20

Solomon wrote and collected wise words to pass on to his sons. How many sons? We only know Rehoboam by name, but with 700 wives and 300 concubines (1 Kings 11:1-3), I imagine many little “Solomon’s” running around barefooted in the kingdom, pinging each other with slingshots like their grandfather David’s.

Quality father-son time with each of them? Um, I don’t think so. 

So one way he educated his sons and other men under his rule was through writings. And now we (girls included!) also get to read them. grow to the light

But are we listening?

As plants lean toward the sunniest window, are we stretching out to hear God’s wisdom in Proverbs, “inclining our ears to his sayings?”

Be intentional about learning.
Seek out knowledge.
It’s there for the taking.

Grow toward the Light by paying attention.

* * *More Memory Monday
I’m camping in Proverbs 4 for a few weeks, keeping my ears pricked up for wisdom as I work these verses into my memory and my heart.

What are you memorizing?

Find a verse that helps you, and recite it until it’s yours. Join Joanne and the friends at Memory Monday for extra encouragement.

For an inspiring message on Proverbs and marriage, listen to Patrick Mead here.

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Lisa,

I love the visual of inclining our ears to wisdom. And I love your faithfulness in memorizing. You're an encouragement to me!

Joanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails