image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

God is Omniscient_Attributes of God





8 ABC’s of God: Omniscient

ATTRIBUTE DEFINED
Omniscient: having total knowledge; knowing everything. Latin: omni—all; science—to know.

BIBLE VERSES
Job 37:16 Do you know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge,
Psalm 94:11 The LORD--knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.
Psalm 139:2-3 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Daniel 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.
1 John 3:20 For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

MORE
Numbers 32:23; 1 Samuel 16:7; Job 23:10; Psalm 90:8; Psalm 139:23; Psalm 147:5; Isaiah 46:10; Isaiah 65:24; Jeremiah 1:5; Ezekiel 11:5; Luke 12:7; Acts 2:23; Hebrews 4:13

CHRIST'S EXAMPLE
John 2:24-5 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.
John 6:64 ...For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.
John 18:4 Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"
John 21:17 ...and [Peter] said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you."

DIRECTLY TO ME
I see God’s omniscience especially when I look backwards. I see how his knowledge guided me into the best situations, some I wouldn’t have chosen from my own knowledge. I read how he did the same throughout the Bible. I want to use that past proof as reason to trust his omniscience in the future. Because he knows, all is well.

ECHO IT
No, this is not an attribute that I am called to mimic. Omniscience belongs to the Lord alone.

FORGIVE ME
Lord, I need forgiveness for my lack of trust in your omniscience, and for my fear of it. It can be frightening to realize that you know everything I’m thinking, and I think I would feel better if you did NOT know everything about me. But I’m wrong. It would be far scarier if you were in the dark about me. I can rest, knowing that you know everything and you use that knowledge wisely and lovingly.

GLORY TO GOD
Father, I praise you for knowing everything! My salvation depended on you knowing all my sins so that you could fix my desperate situation and draw me into relationship with you. We are a blessed people because of your omniscience and mercy.

HIS WORDS
Memorize:
Genesis 16:13 So she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, "You are a God of seeing," [EL ROI] for she said, "Truly here I have seen him who looks after me."


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails