image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Is this the right decision?

How ironic. I’m having trouble making decisions about making decisions.

This scenario happens frequently when I plan to teach something to someone else: my once-clear thoughts become muddled; my answers turn into questions; my “sure-things” turn into “maybe’s”. In this case, preparing a lesson about “making decisions” is leaving me confused.

So I break it down to its core message, which in this case is: why is it important to listen to God when I’m faced with decisions? Because...He will guide me toward choices that honor him...and choices that honor him are always in my best interest, too. As my relationship with God improves, the quality of my life improves, and my relationships with others improve, too. The ripple effects from my decisions go further than I ever foresee.

It’s not just the quality of my own life that is at stake; it’s also the lives of those around me. When we each make better choices, the more blessed we are and the more of a blessing we are to each other. Because my choices affect you and vice versa, we need to help each other make the best God-honoring choices possible.

And that, no doubt, is the right decision.

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ Romans 15:5,6

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails