image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

On this day in March 2013

welcome home flowers

Around the house...these flowers. Jeff bought them to welcome me home from Nashville last week.

I am thankful...for a new Life Group we joined, “Love Them like Jesus”. We do Saturday morning breakfasts together with the homeless and another faith community at the homeless camps under the bridge.

I am appreciating...the many testimonies about Jesus we were blessed to hear and share at a New Members Banquet last Sunday night. Resurrection-Do-Not-Depart

I am studying...new life and resurrection for this month’s series at Do Not Depart

I am praying...during Lent that God will help me reframe the past and drain away any cynicism still lingering from negative religious experiences

I am creating...spiritual space. Our March calendar is overly full on the outside, so I’m having to carve extra room on the inside.

I am thinking...how God works in such mysterious ways. In my month to “practice wearing skin,” I’m also practicing getting out of my skin through a Centering Prayer group I joined for Lent.

I am hearing...too much inner dialogue in my head, which is making centering prayer so hard; hoping it will get easier

I am reading...these plus two books on centering prayer: Open Mind, Open Heart: The Contemplative Dimension of the Gospel by Thomas Keating and Centering Prayer and Inner Awakening by Cynthia Bourgeault

open-mind-open-heartcentering-prayer-and-inner-awakening

I am pondering these words...from Awakenings by Thomas Keating:

Living daily as if God were absent is the fatal flaw of the spiritual journey. . . .God cannot be absent. Treating him as if he were is an insult.

I am looking forward to...48 hours with the 4 Corners! Since we missed our annual sleepover in January, we’ve arranged to spend this weekend at Julie’s house.

I am hoping...to see Morgan and Fuller’s new home again soon. She (and I!) are going to love her big front porch.porch-Morgan

One of my favorite things...is worshiping through song, so I’m glad I finally took the plunge to commit to our praise ministry

A few plans for this week...getting the house ready for a wedding shower Sunday for my niece Lindsey. So excited for her! And also excited that Jenna will be home for spring break starting this weekend!

A picture to share...a poor photo of a beautiful painting of Lazarus by Ro Diaz at the Nurture conference in Nashville last week

lazarus-by-ro-diaz

* * *

What’s exciting in your world this week?

The Simple Woman's Daybook
...where every day is a blank page

The-Simple-Womans-Daybook4

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails