image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

The practice of slowing down

Talking around my kitchen table this morning. And linking up tonight around other kitchen tables for the Soli Deo Gloria party, because Jen is . . .

Inspiring women to just keep it real

Books I’m using this year for spiritual disciplines:

An-Altar-in-the-WorldThe-Good-and-Beautiful-God

The most important aspects of our lives cannot be rushed. We cannot love, think, eat, laugh or pray in a hurry.
JAMES BRYAN SMITH

Full disclosure to keep it real:

  • I didn’t move the clutter or old newspapers off my kitchen counter for you, but I did pause the washer and dryer
  • I didn’t put on any makeup or fix my hair (just got out of the shower actually), but I did put on a smidgeon of lip gloss because my mama always said a woman needs a little bit of color
  • I didn’t tell you up front that I really don’t like making vlogs because of, well, a million reasons, but I did one despite all my reasons not to

* * *

Jesus-one-word-2013

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails