image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Follow the dust

dusty-road-by-raif-tulga

The next day again John was standing with two of his disciples, and he looked at Jesus as he walked by and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God!”
John 1:35-36

Dust kicks up as he walks by. I can imagine seeing it. Smelling it. Feeling it.

His footprints leave a trail in it, indicating where he’s been, leaving a path for me to follow.

He hears me murmuring, having a conversation with myself, of doubt, of questions, of wonder.

He turns and asks, “What are you seeking?”

Me, the girl with one shoulder behind the tree, watching him with laser focus, lest he make a move that catches me off-guard.

He smiles and invites me to walk with him, to “Come and you will see,” where he stays, what he does, what he’s going to do next.

But I can’t see far enough ahead. I don’t understand everything. I still have worries.

He is turning the invisible inside out, making visible things that have been around me, but I’ve never before seen.

If I’ll keep following the dust, he’ll show me more.

I look down at his footsteps. They are safe. And they are dangerous. Contagious. Purposed. Glorious.

Knowing he’s in the lead, I can get dusty, live messy, look bedraggled.

And feel alive.

The closer we watch, the more we’ll see, the more we’ll love. Step out from behind the tree. Don’t be paralyzed in passivity just because you can’t see the whole trip. Take the journey one step at a time.

Follow the dust.

Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise....
Proverbs 13:20

...and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8

* * *

Even though you may not fully trust Jesus yet, what one step can you take today to show you’re trying to trust him more?

RELATED:

live-second

I’m blogging this week on Live Second.
Today, Week 9: Identity; Day 6: Creature.

More on Live Second.
Hear television report Tamara Jolee’s walk with sudden disease at I Am Second.
“A peace came over me. No matter what happens, it’s going to be okay.”

i-am-second-tamara-jolee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails