image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

It’s okay to cry, Christian

kali-photo-albumIt's okay to cry.
  • It doesn't mean you're a weakling.
  • It doesn't mean you're faithless.
  • It doesn't mean you're not resting on the Rock.

It just means you're sad.

It's also okay to question.
     It doesn't mean you're an atheist. 
It just means you're wondering.

And it’s okay to smile.
     It doesn’t mean you’ve forgotten.
It just means you’re happy.

Today on Kali’s birthday, I wear many emotions. I miss the daughter I couldn’t raise. I still don’t understand it all. But I’d do it all again just to have had her for an hour.

To love her for a lifetime and beyond.

So cry when you’re sad.
Question when you wonder. 
Smile when you’re happy.

And love in it all.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13

* * *

19 years ago but continuing to love forward . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails