image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Leave the hand open

open-hands

I’m not doing it right. I know this.

But I want to. Does that help him work?

Let God blow His wind, His trials, oxygen for joy’s fire.

Leave the hand open and be. 
                                                                           - ANN VOSKAMP

When I read Ann’s words in Selections from one thousand gifts a couple weeks ago, it flooded me: Leave the hand open. It’s an image to latch onto.

  • For my trip to El Salvador in July (I’m excited but anxious)
  • For the VBS plans we’re making (Really, Lord? This can work?)
  • For so many summer activities and trips and ventures and...and...on and on (I want to do each, but is there time enough?)

I know each will bring joy. But more so if I unclench my fist of worry over inadequacies and unknowns and insufficiencies.

Be at peace. Bend the knee and be small and let God give what God chooses to give because He only gives love and whisper surprised thanks.

I want to accept what he wants to give. He gives good. This I know.

So I leave the hand open.
I bend the knee and thank.
I simply be.

I want to. He knows. That’s enough. 

* * *

How are you learning to relax in your summer activities?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails