image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

He sees you when you’re sleeping

eyes-of-santaAre your kids sleeping with one eye open this week?
Watching for Santa watching them?

It’s no different for some adults.

Do you know this song?

All along on the road to the soul’s true abode,
There’s an Eye watching you;
Every step that you take this great eye is awake,
There’s an Eye watching you.

Watching you, watching you,
Ev’ry day mind the course you pursue;
Watching you, watching you,
There’s an all-seeing Eye watching you.

When I was growing up, Mrs. M would sit on the pew behind us at church. We sometimes wondered if she was the all-seeing eye. We felt her glare. It made us nervous.

I had to shake that.

I’ve grown up now to discover that while yes, God is watching me, it’s not to wag a finger at me if I giggle with my girlfriends during the sermon. Or get grouchy with Jeff. Or lie awake at night wondering about tomorrow.

He’s watching me so he can help me. Protect me. Love me.

And save me.

Jesus came, with his two sweet baby eyes, to watch over us and save us and lead us to praise.

And because he’s watching, we can calmly close both our eyes each silent night and sleep in heavenly peace

I like this song much better:

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth

* * *

How does it makes you feel knowing that God is watching you?

REVISED FROM THE ARCHIVES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails