image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Are you prepared?

He prepared for me.
Have I prepared for him?Christmas cards

“Are you ready for Christmas?”
It’s December small talk.

And technically, no, I’m not ready.
I still have gifts to wrap. More to buy. Cards to write.

Sometimes I prepare well.
I set a nice table. I light the candles. I choose mood music.
It makes a difference.

John prepared for Jesus (Matthew 3:2-3).
He set hearts on edge.
“Wake up! Get ready! He’s coming!”

Jesus prepared for the cross (John 17:11).
He made disciples. He loved thoroughly.
He met his mission.

God prepared for me (Ephesians 2:10).
I am his fabric, designed for beautiful creations.
Knowing the path I’ll walk, He’s laid out provisions for my journey.

Am I prepared to use them?

Not just for Christmas, although there is a mission there, too.
Am I prepared for a new year? Am I prepared for new works?

Some are shaping before my eyes. Some I can’t even imagine yet.

But He has imagined them.
He’s prepared them for me.

He’s lined up perfect gifts of grace for each footstep,
each ready for hand-delivery as I walk in range.

Will my heart be ready?

Am I preparing now for what’s to come later?
Am I studying? Am I praying?
Am I loving higher and wider and deeper?

He’s prepared a gift for me to use.
Will I be prepared to give it?
It could make a difference.

For we are his workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand,
that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10

* * *

Are you ready for Christmas? For 2012?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails