image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Truth mirror

I don’t like these truths, but I’m afraid they’re valid.

  • Is it easier for me to see your faults or mine?
       Yours.
  • Is it easier for me to blame others or blame me? 
       Others.
  • Is it easier to pass the responsibility or take it?  
       Pass it.

That’s why I need you.
Will you be my mirror?

Macky preached it well today. [LISTEN HERE] He said to listen to our truth mirrors: God’s Word. Spouses. Roommates. Brothers and sisters in Christ.

Remember the story of David’s sin with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11:1-4)? And Nathan’s conviction (2 Sam 12:1-13)?

Stop asking:
     How could David do such a thing?

Start asking:
     How could I do such a thing (whatever that “thing” is you’re doing)?

Be grateful for mirrors like Nathan.

And let’s be willing to repent like David when we see who we really are.

Macky also showed this video. Please watch.

* * *

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails