image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

What’s on your nightstand?—March ‘11

my Shelfari bookshelfSince I listed my books for Spring Reading Thing 2011 on Sunday, 
here’s just a quick rundown of this month’s nightstand:

Just started

1. Heaven Is for Real
     by Todd Burpo
2. Poke the Box
     by Seth Godin
3. The Final Summit
     by Andy Andrews
4. Always True
     by James MacDonald

Still reading

5. God in the Yard
     by L. L. Barkat
6. One Thing
     by Sam Storms
7. Trusting God
     by Jerry Bridges

Finished from February’s nightstand

8. One Thousand Gifts
     by Ann Voskamp
9. Mindless Eating
     by Brian Wansink

* * *
What's on Your Nightstand at _5 minutes for Books_

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing a lot about One Thousand Gifts. May have to pick that one up.

Have a great week!

Barbara H. said...

I don't think I have heard of the first four. I really do need to read Jerry Bridges some time -- I've seen many excellent quotes of his books.

Unknown said...

I just heard something about Poke the Box. I've never read his stuff and will be interested in your take.

Janet said...

I read 1000 Gifts too. Off to read your thoughts about it!

Carrie said...

I have a copy of One Thousand Gifts on the way so that I can see what all the chatter is about! =)

Enjoy your reading month!

Anonymous said...

I am reading Heaven is for Real right now. It was given to me by a friend at church. This is a wonderful story! I am enjoying it very much as Todd is "unwrapping" his sons visit to heaven!

bekahcubed said...

Some of the CNAs in one of my facilities were talking about Heaven is for Real today--and I wished I'd already read it so that I could talk with them about it.

It's not usually the sort of thing I go for though--I tend to like either clear-cut fact or obvious fiction. It's hard to know how to respond to someone else's experience.

Cassandra said...

Sounds like an interesting list! Happy reading!

Kara said...

Great list! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on The Final Summit. I was eyeing it but couldn't decide if I wanted to read it or not...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails