image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Let your faith overflow

I was asked on Wednesday night how I was doing.

I said okay; just having a sad week. Planning for the holidays this year is different.

So I was sent this text on Thursday:

Don’t beat yourself up for not always feeling happy. There will be days that you feel really good and others where you don’t. It’s all ok. I know absolutely that God will provide you what you need to make it through all this.

Having someone else’s faith breathed into me refreshed me.

Some people are good at encouraging those already in the faith to keep that faith. God wants his church to do that for each other.

Other people are good at connecting the gospel with unbelievers. God puts hungry people in their path, and they gobble up the opportunities.

Both groups are important in loving the world like Christ would, loving both believers and unbelievers alike. We all want to be able to do both.

God gets the glory when it happens. When we overflow onto the lost to bring them to faith. And when we overflow onto the saved to help them stay there.

I’m definitely grateful for other believers whose faith overflows onto me. And I want to do the same for them. We keep each other strong that way.

Do you know someone who could use a breath of fresh faith today?

Can you let your faith splash onto them?

The Lost Get Found by Britt Nicole

The Lost Get Found
Britt Nicole
LYRICS

Hello my friend
I remember when you were
So alive with your wide eyes
‘Til the light that you had in your heart was stolen
Now you say that it ain't worth staying
You wanna run but you're hesitating
I'm talking to me

CHORUS:
Don't let your lights go down
Don't let your fire burn out
'Cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe
Why don't you rise up now?
Don't be afraid to stand out
That's how the lost get found
The lost get found

So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it
There's a girl on the streets she's crying
There's a man whose faith is dying
Love is calling you

CHORUS

Why do we go with the flow
Why take the easier road?
Why are we playing it safe?
Love came to show us the way
Love is a chance we should take
I'm moving out of the gray

CHORUS

So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it

* * *

 

13 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I so agree Lisa!

As Christians, we need to encourage on another. There are times when we can get down as burdens become heavy. It's so good to be reminded to take each one and lay it at Jesus' feet. You've had a recent loss and believe me, holidays can be difficult especially the firsts. Know that your Christian sisters care and pray. I have you on my prayer list.

And I loved this video and the important message. May our love be so contagious that others want to know the reason behind it.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Lisa notes... said...

Debbie,
Thanks for being one of those oh-so-faithful Christian sisters who help me keep my faith up. You’ve prayed for me a lot this year; that’s such a precious gift.

Michelle said...

This past week a friend of mine's mom (she's 82) was in a car accident. It was the mom's fault.
I just pray what little I said was an encouragement.

Mocha with Linda said...

This is such a great song. Holidays are difficult in the midst of grief. Praying God's comfort will infuse your heart.

Karen said...

A great post and song. I remember people saying to me, when my son died, "You're just having a bad day; let's go shopping and get it off your mind." There is nothing wrong with tears and honest grief. Sometimes we need others to respect that and just love us where we are. God bless you.

Hazel said...

The song and images are touching. It certainly is a breath of fresh faith. So glad I watched this and read your post today.

Jocelyn said...

I love the video - so incredibly inspiring!! Never heard this one before - Thank you for sharing!

Have a blessed weekend! =)

Pia said...

such a beautiful song.

we all need encouragement from time to time and thank God for Christian friends who remind us that God is sovereign. He knows everything about us and that nothing happens by accident. He's got everything planned perfectly according to His perfect will.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love Britt Nicole and I love this song.

Trisha said...

It's one of the blessings of trials...to be able to weep with those who weep. May you know even more through the holidays, Lisa, that deep comfort from the Lord and continued encouragement from your friends!

Elisabeth Black said...

This is really a great post. Last weekend God laid it upon my heart to reach out to a friend I knew had been struggling. We had a full conversation via text message and at the end we both came away feeling better and knowing more.

I wasn't going to reach out, but God kept at me.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

love the video....and gonna try to breath some fresh faith into someone this weekend. Stay strong okay.....and hope He showers you with His love....and you feel it!!

Becky said...

Praying for you today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails