image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

“Take Me In”—Then Sings My Soul Saturdays

I love old covenant imagery that places me in my saved seat in the new covenant.

This song by Kutless leads me into the book of Hebrews, and straight through to the Most Holy Place via the blood of the Lamb. 

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.
Hebrews 9:24

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus,… 
let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:19, 22

Take Me In
Kutless

LYRICS

Take me past the outer courts
Into the Holy Place
Past the brazen altar
Lord I want to see your face
Pass me by the crowds of people
And the priests who sing your praise
I hunger and thirst for your righteousness
But it's only found in one place

[Chorus:]
Take me into the Holy of Holies
Take me in by the blood of the Lamb
Take me into the Holy of Holies
Take the coal touch my lips here I am

* * *

5 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love this song and love your blog...

Sharon Cohen said...

This is a wonderful song! I wrote about my husband's lineage on my blog the other day but I forgot to mention that the high priest - the Kohen or Cohen - was the only person admitted to the Holy of Holies. This is a wonderful song for my baptized Jewish husband!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Karen said...

Amen! Awesome message in this song....

Cathy said...

That is lovely. I had not heard it before. Blessings ~

Donna said...

Lisa, thank you for posting this song. I sang it often more than 15years ago in the church my family attended. My soul needed a reminder of this message.
Praying for grace for your mother.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails