image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Focus, girl, focus

What I’m memorizing:
Let your eyes look directly forward,
and your gaze be straight before you.

Proverbs 4:25

I can be so easily distracted.

I set out to sweep the floor, but notice the table needs wiping first, then see the newspaper article I was saving for Jenna so I take it to the piano bench, where a bill sits that needs to be moved to Morgan’s room, but I pass the girls’ bathroom first and grab their hamper to empty into mine, where some clothes are piled on the floor that need to be hung up, but underneath them I find a box that needs to go to the laundry room, and on my path there I walk on the dirty kitchen floor, and I suddenly remember, O yeah, I was going to sweep the floor 2 hours ago!

Focus, girl, focus.
Eyes forward. Gaze straight.

One goal—honor the Father
in all the details of my daily life (1 Corinthians 10:31)

I need reminding. Often. 

I was reminded yesterday. The church sang of our oneness in Ephesians 4:4-6. [Read the scriptures, sing the songs. Thanks, SW.]

One body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Ephesians 4 - ONE

One God.

All eyes on the One.

Now to go sweep the floor, refocused for His glory…

* * * More Memory Monday

Are you easily distracted, too?
What helps you stay focused?

Join us at Joanne’s for more Memory Monday.

1 comment:

Stephani Cochran said...

I do find myself getting distracted when I am in prayer or reading the Word. I am not really easily distracted in any other area of my life. Once I decide to do something, I do it. My problem? Not deciding to do something! Finding motivation and getting started are my problems. I'm wondering now though, why distraction so eaily come into play with spiritual matters. Are my priorities out of whack? Do I have a "God understands" attitude? Hmmmm. I'm going to have to think about this one. ~ Thnks again for provoking thought!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails