image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Love him with everything

Read all of Matthew 22 here

Jesus said,  “Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.
This is the most important, the first on any list.”
Matthew 22:37-38 (The Message)

I don’t count The Message as authoritative scripture, but the principles it expresses here are valid and beautifully stated.

love the Lord Passion and intelligence.
     Femininity and masculinity.
Right-brain and left-brain.
     Heart and mind.

Everything.
Love the Lord with everything.
Every heartbeat.
Every breath.
Every thought.

I’m far, far from being there. But it’s where I want to be. And I resolve to step closer this year.

This month, thanks to Mark Batterson’s book Primal, I’m working on “heart,” loving God through loving others with more compassion.

I take baby steps, but as long as I’m walking in the right direction,
speed doesn’t matter.
Love does.

Love him with passion, with prayer, with intelligence.
It’s of first importance.

* * *

And he said to him, “You shall love [agapao] the Lord your God with all your heart [kardia] and with all your soul [psuche] and with all your mind [dianoia].

This is the great and first commandment.”
Mathew 22:37-38 (ESV)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails