image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Agree with Him. He’s always right.

Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Matthew 6:10

Who wants to pray THAT?

We struggle with this one. We think, “HIS will is bound to be hard. Painful. The opposite of what *I* want.”

Shake handsBut do we honestly think God is so sadistic? That as soon as we ask for his will, he’ll rain down suffering on us?

Not so. When we ask for his will to be done, we’re asking for blessings.

Because his ways are perfect, they will bring us more satisfaction in the long run than our own contrived plans of how to make ourselves happy. Our greatest delight comes through obedience to him.

He really does know us better than we know ourselves, and he knows what will bring us lasting joy. Even if sometimes we have to go through a little pain first to get there. He promises to make it all worthwhile.

So let’s just agree with him. He’s always right. Now and later. And  agreeing with him up front will improve our relationship with him. Now and later.

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
Philippians 3:8

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails