image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Friday’s fave five, # 1

friday fave five spring What were your favorite things this week? Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a Friday Fave Five carnival each week where bloggers link to their own fave five post.

Here are mine:

1. Mother’s Day 100_7970
It’s always special, but it continues to get even better as my girls get older. They gave me a beautiful rose bush, a set of photo coasters that they completed themselves, a wonderfully sweet card that I’ll treasure forever, and their time—a biggie, the older they get.

2. Watching AI with my teenager
Some things are meant to be shared, and watching American Idol is one of them. Jenna and I laugh and moan together each week over our favorites. She eats ice cream; I eat popcorn. And if we’re not together, we call each other every few minutes to reassess. This week she laughed at my sadness over losing Danny. We’re both rooting for Kris in next week’s finale.

3. Singing with my brothers/sisters
Wednesday night 5:30-6:30 is always a highlight. Praising the Lord with like-minded believers is a sweet victory over whatever else is happening in the world. “O, Great God be glorified, Our lives laid down, Yours magnified. O, Great God, be lifted high, There is none like You.”

4. All day/night Thursday
...because I didn’t have to leave the premises. It’s hard to beat a good, long day at home. And then it was topped off by Jeff coming home a day early (technically it was still Thursday).

5. An empty stomach
You know how awful you feel when you’re nauseated? But once you throw up, you feel on top of the world again? (At least for a little while.) I cycled through it today. Sometimes we have to feel bad to fully appreciate feeling good. God knows this about us. He is good.

4 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Go Kris!

Susanne said...

Lisa, welcome to Fave Five!

What a great idea for a Mother's Day gift. Those coasters are awesome.

I love watching AI with my younger girl. We're so excited Kris made it through. I've been routing for him since the top 32. With my oldest our favorite was Amazing Race. I really miss doing that with her since she's been away at school. I now PVR as I watch them and rewatch them all with her when she comes home to visit.

Lynn Severance said...

I, too, hated to see Danny leave! But he has a career ahead of him nonetheless. Sometimes the top winners are not all that "famous" for long and those who were runner ups take off like mad. e.g. Jennifer Hudson.

Carrie Underwood is truly the one who has done the best as a winner in terms of talent and awards. Daughtry is great and successful with his rocker folks and he was a runner up.

I do believe Adam will get the top honors. He's a huge fan base and he truly is good at the rocker style music although he has touched me most with his ballads.

However, what did Simon say? something about it being a "ding-dong" finale as in anything could happen!

Stay tuned. How great to have your daughter to share that time with and chatter.

I am giving you my two cents worth here as I've no one else who I know who is watching!

L.

Lisa notes... said...

I look forward to hearing more from Danny, too. And probably even sooner than if he had won. That will be my consolation with Kris, too, if Adam wins.

I think Adam is definitely the most talented, and I admit I've looked forward to what he's going to do each week. Can't imagine what he'll do on Tuesday! We'll have to chat about it after the show. :-)

Susanne, I'll look forward to more Fave Five. I've lurked but decided to join this week. ("Lisa writes..." has inspired me.)

The coasters are awesome, but I hate to set a wet glass on our faces! :-)

Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails