image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Are you hungry? (Day 27, Proverbs)

Proverbs 27:7
“One who is full loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet.”

Do you look forward to your meals?

I do. Probably too much. I battle with appetite of the palate versus appetite of the stomach. So I look forward to my meals; I know when I’m due one, and I always collect.

But typically, if someone is full, they don’t want to sit at the table. What about our spiritual hunger? Why do some people come to the feast with an appetite, but others show up disinterested, or else don’t show up at all?

Have they been eating too many in-between snacks of forbidden fruit, and now are too full for Christ’s delicacies?

Have they not been exercising their faith enough between meals to work off excess calories, reducing the need to refuel?

Have they ruined their taste buds with super sweet and overly-fatty foods, eliminating the appeal for nutritious food?

Jesus promises fulfillment and satisfaction if we eat from his table. “Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst’” (John 6:35).

So why the disconnect, even among many believers? What about Psalm 34:8 and Matthew 5:6 and Luke 1:53? Why are so many dissatisfied with God’s meals?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails