image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

God is Incomprehensible_Attributes of God





8 ABC’s of God: Incomprehensible


ATTRIBUTE DEFINED

Incomprehensible: impossible to know or fathom; cannot be searched out; past finding out

BIBLE VERSES
Job 11:7-9 Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty? It is higher than heaven--what can you do? Deeper than Sheol--what can you know? Its measure is longer than the earth and broader than the sea.
Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Romans 11:33-34 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?"

CHRIST’S EXAMPLE
1 Timothy 6:16a Who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see.
Ephesians 3:8b This grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.

DIRECTLY TO ME
Psalms 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.

ECHO IT
No, this is not a communicable trait. God knows everything about us. He is incomprehensible to us, but we are never incomprehensible to him.

FORGIVE ME
Father, forgive my insatiable desire to want to figure you out, instead of just trusting you. I mistakenly think: “If I can just totally understand, then I can totally believe.” But you want me to believe without total understanding.

You and I know there is absolutely, positively, no way that I can ever fully understand you (even in heaven?). You don’t ask me to; you ask me to believe that you have everything figured out. Please help me rest with NOT knowing fully, and help me believe even more because of it.

GLORY TO GOD
Lord, you are incomprehensible, and I am glad! You are so far beyond me; it is a relief and a security. I don’t have to know it all—I just have to know the one that does know it all. And that one is you! Because your ways are so far above my ways, I give you glory. Because your thoughts are not my thoughts, and are higher than the heavens are above the earth, I give you glory, Father. Let me delight and marvel at how unfathomable you are!

HIS WORDS
Memorize:
Isaiah 55: 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails