image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Mere words?





Isaiah 36:4,5

And the Rabshakeh said to them, "Say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the great king, the king of Assyria: On what do you rest this trust of yours? Do you think that mere words are strategy and power for war? In whom do you now trust, that you have rebelled against me?

In case I missed it yesterday, it reappeared again today in a different book: Are words weapons? Yes!

So to answer Rabshakeh’s question: yes, as a matter of fact, I do believe that words are strategic and powerful for war. It is precisely on The Word that I place my trust. And there is nothing “mere” about Him.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ...
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
~ John 1:1,14

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails