image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Who's the boss?





4:6 "Do not forsake
[loosen, relinquish, permit] her [wisdom], and she will keep [hedge about, guard, protect] you; love her, and she will guard you."

If we don't let go of wisdom, she won't let go of us. If we follow her around, she automatically puts hedges around us. A 2-way street--delightful.

6:6-8 "Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider [see] her ways [road], and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest."

It's not just that the ant is a worker--she's a worker with no boss. She does what is necessary with no one standing over her prompting her or rewarding her.

Lord, continue to direct my hours as I also have no human overseer directing what I do at home each day. May I be wise on which roads I follow on my daily journey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails