image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

When God’s Timing Seems Off

ebenezer-timing-kali

She came too early. And left too soon. And where was God?

A difficult pregnancy left me sleepless and aching and worried. I wanted my baby girl to stay inside me as long as she could because she was safe there. But time would soon run out.

Sooner than I knew.

I went into premature labor with Kali at 32 weeks. Outside of my body, she only lived 1 hour and 17 minutes.

Even though I knew she lived on, I wondered how I would. All I had of her was a clipping of her soft black hair, a copy of her handprints and footprints, and a few pictures that a nurse had taken after she died.

     Read the rest here

* * *

I’m writing at Do Not Depart today for our Ebenezer series, sharing stories of God’s faithfulness and help.

Here-i-raise-my-ebenezer

If you know of a family losing a little one, gently point them toward Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, a ministry of professional photographers who donate their time to preserve precious memories.

Do you struggle with God’s timing, too? Do you wish he’d speed up or slow down?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails