image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Jonah's Perfect Storm





Jonah 1:10

Then the men were exceedingly afraid and said to him, "What is this that you have done!" For the men knew that he was fleeing from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them.

There is no fleeing from God’s presence. Thankfully.

Jonah 1:16
The sailors were impressed, no longer terrified by the sea, but in awe of GOD. They worshiped GOD, offered a sacrifice, and made vows. (The Message)

I’ve seen “The Perfect Storm”. It scared me. I’ve seen a hurricane coming in at dawn; I heard it howling over my head for hours; I saw the immediate aftermath in the dark that night and in the days that followed. Please, don’t put me out at sea in a storm.

But more awe-inspiring than the power of a storm is the LORD. He is to be revered; to him I bow down; to him I make promises.

Jonah 2:8
Those who pay regard to vain idols forsake their hope of steadfast love.

Sit in a pit of emptiness, or shower in overwhelming love. Do I really see a choice here?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails